Thursday, March 15, 2007

"And then something very strange happened. I remember it was the first morning my mother woke up at home in her own bedroom. It was snowing outside. We had opened the curtains next to her bed and she- her eyes began to flicker open at the sunlight streaming in through the window. And I watched as she slowly began to look around the room. It was almost as if everything in the room was made of air.

It was the peculiar; disturbing way she was staring down at her hands, as if she had never really looked at her own hands before. And she looked over to me, slowly, and said, "Everything's different." -Toby MacLennan (from How Will I Know I'm Here)

2 comments:

Allysia said...

This is cool, Claire. It reminds me of your notebooks, or paper scraps or whatever, because you would always have quotes you found interesting, or a certain artist who was amazing, etc. It's fun that there's an online version of that!

Anonymous said...

I was just amazed to see new posts :P I don't even have anything intelligent to say